Mr. Yusuf Yerkel
BA Fatih University (Istanbul), MA (Exeter)
Mr. Yusuf Yerkel
Yusuf.yerkel [@] cesran.org
PhD: SOAS University 2010-Present
MA: Exeter University 2008-2009
BA: Fatih University 2002-2007
- A Turkish paradigm as a conflict resolution force: The Iranian nukes, Defence Viewpoints, UK Defence Forum, 20 December 2010. (Published also in ORSAM)
- The Fault Lines of Direct Peace Talks: The domestic sources of the vicious circle of Obama, Netanyahu and Abbas, Middle Eastern Analysis, Volume 2, No 22, October 2010
- Identity in International Relations: Turkey’s proactive Middle Eastern Policy since 2002, Global Affairs, Issue 21, July-September 2010.
- Eksen Kaymasi Tartışmalarının jeopolitiği ve İsrail (The geopolitics of axis shift debate and Israel), Perspektif, July 2010.
- Avrupa’da çok kültürlülüğün fay hattı: Öteki olarak İslam (The fault line of multiculturalism in Europe: Islam as the Other), Perspektif, June 2010.
- Yilin Devlet Adami Chatham House’taydi (The Politician of the year was at Chatham House), USA Sabah, 10 November 2010.
- Türkiye’nin komşularla sıfır problem modeli ve Ortadoğu’nun güvenlik kültürü: Petrol Örneği (Turkey’s zero problem policy and the security culture of the Middle East: The case of oil), USA Sabah, 11 October 2010.
- Referandumun ardindan: Kazana kim kaybeden kim? (In the aftermath of referendum: who is the winner and looser?), USA Sabah, 16 September 2010.
- What the pospective direct peace talks holds for future, USA Sabah, 5 September 2010.
- Akçura’dan Davutoğlu’na: Türk Dış Politikasının stratejik zihniyeti (From Akcura to Davutoglu: The stratejik mentality of Turkish foreign policy), Star Gazetesi Açık Görüş, 19 July 2010.
|12/2010 – Present||Internship at UK Defence Forum,London, UK|
|12/2010 – Present||
CESRAN (Center for Strategic Research and Analysis),
Assistant Editor of Political Reflection, Member of Development Committee and Admin of CESRAN Yahoo group.
|03/2010 – 09/2010||
Member of the redaction team,
Perspektif published monthly, Cologne, Germany,
|11/2009 – 08/2010||
Internship at SETA DC (Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research) Think Tank, Washington DC, U.S.A.
Monitoring and writing weekly policy reports on Turkish foreign policy and the Middle East peace process
|03/2008 – 09/2008||Secretary of LICARS (London Islamic Culture and Recreation Society), London, England|
|09/2004 – 06/2006||Vice president of Communication Club at Fatih University, Istanbul, Turkey|
- Turkish: Mother Tongue
- English: Fluent
- German: Fluent