- ticket title
- On Earth Day 2017 I Ask What Will It Take to Not Have to Have an Earth Day 2100?
- Sundays Referendum: Electoral Implications
- Constitutional Referendum in Turkey: Victory vs. Great Divide
- Artificial Intelligence: ‘Frankenstein’ or Capitalist Money Machine
- How to think clearly about North Korea’s weapons of mass destruction
“Consumption Democracy” Consumption values are at the core of contemporary American culture. The mass media, businesses and politicians equate such values with freedom and democracy. The social contract as the Founding Fathers conceived of it is not about democracy, freedom and equality, but about mass consumption of citizens as consumers, an idea that America hasRead more
Rising Public Debt, Dwindling Democracy. Conservatives attribute the rising public debt to government spending on costly entitlement and social programs. They conclude that deficit financing for entitlement and social programs poses a threat to the free market which they equate with democracy. Liberals argue that the fiscal system favors the top income groups and suchRead more